To Join the club: go to https://ninerengage.uncc.edu/ and click on Organizations. The list will be to the right. Click on the “Actuarial Science Club” and JOIN.
- Thursday January 27 at 12:00 pm in Denny 109: An Information Session by Centene
- Thursday February 3 at 12:00 pm in Denny 109: A discussion/visit by Kenneth Morgan, FCAS, Zurich NA
- Monday March 14: Annual Math Day/Pi Day and Career Fair – Fretwell 3rd floor
- Saturday April 2 at 11:00 am: Annual Actuarial and Math for Business Alumni Luncheon – Fretwell 3rd floor
- ASC End of Semester Spring Graduation Potluck (TBA)
- Sunday 8/22 at 2:30 pm: ASC participated in the Annual Students Organizations Showcase on campus across the Student Union
- Friday 9/17 at 10:00 am: 6th Annual Actuarial Science Day and Career fair at UNC Charlotte at the Student Union 3rd floor . Open to all college/high school students, parents and teachers. Actuarial Presentations: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, Lunch, Career Fair: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm. Participating Employers: Aetna/CVS(virtual), AFLAC, Cigna(virtual), Equitable, Lincoln Financial Group, Oliver Wyman, Principal Financial Group(virtual), Willis Towers Watson. Participating Organizations: SOA (Society of Actuaries), IABA (International Association of Black Actuaries), OLA (Organization of Latino Actuaries). (flyer) (Agenda)
- Tuesday 9/28 at 1:30 pm: Cigna information session by Grant Hall, FSA, in Denny 220
- Wednesday 10/6 at 9:00 am: Aetna/CVS information session by Charles Newfeld, ASA, in Denny 120
- Friday 10/15 at 6:00 pm: In-Person Alumni Panel discussion on MATH degrees and Industry Outreach during the October Math Day Symposium in Fretwell 100
- Saturday 10/16 at 3:45 pm: Virtual Alumni Panel discussion on MATH degrees and Careers during the October Math Day Symposium
- Tuesday 10/19 at 4:30 pm: Financial Services Career Fair in Cone Center, Lucas Room
- Tuesday 10/19 at 5:30 pm: Principal Financial Group information session by Trent Stastney-Perez and Jaye Nauman
- The Actuarial Science Club crowdfunding project to endow the “Women in Math and Statistics Scholarship” is complete.
- ASC End of Semester Fall Graduation Potluck (TBA)
- Tuesdays at 4:00pm: ASC weekly Study Sessions for Math 3228
- Fridays at 12:00pm: Weekly Review sessions for Actuarial Exam FM
- February 15 at 4:00 pm: ASC interest meeting
- February 26 at 3:00 pm: Resume workshop by Joshua Rierson FSA, Brighthouse Financial
- March 9 at 4:30pm: Financial Services Virtual Career Fair
- March 20 at 11:00 am: 9th Annual Actuarial Alumni Luncheon on Zoom
- March 25 at 6:00 pm: Information session by Sierra Goodwell, Oliver Wyman
- April 22 at 11:30 am: Information Session by Nathan Maxwell, Brighthouse Financial
- April 27 at 11:30 am: Information session by Renn Brown, The Standard Insurance Company
- ASC End of Semester Spring Graduation Potluck (TBA)
- Actuarial tutoring sessions via zoom for students enrolled in Math 2228/3228
- The Actuarial Science Club launched a crowdfunding project to endow the “Women in Math and Statistics Scholarship” at $25,000.
- Wednesday 9/16, 12:00 pm: Centene virtual information session and recruiting by alumna Whitney Blackenburg via WebEx
- Wednesday 9/23, 9:00 am: Lincoln Financial Group virtual information session and recruiting via WebEx
- Thursday 10/1, 5:00 pm – Cigna virtual information session on Actuarial Applications to Healthcare and jobs/internships
- Thursday 10/ 15, 5:00 pm: Resume workshop offered by the Actuarial Science Club
- Friday 10/16, 4:00 pm: Mock Interviews offered by the Actuarial Science Club
- Tuesday 10/20, 5:00 pm : Virtual Actuarial Career Fair combined with the Financial Services Career Fair. More info on the career center site.
- Tuesday 10/27, 4:00 pm: Actuarial Science Club Meet & Greet, Q&A
- Saturday 10/24, 9:00 am: October Math Day Symposium at UNC Charlotte with meetings/lectures focusing on graduate and undergraduate math research and education (including Actuarial)
- Thursday 11/12, 5:00 pm: Jack Allweil discussing strategies and Journal to prepare for the Actuarial Exams
- Wednesday 11/18, 9:00am: An overview presentation on the actuarial profession and the SOA’s educational pathways by Andrew Samuels, ASA at EY-Charlotte
- Study Hall in Fretwell 319: Wednesday 10:00 – 1:30
- Wednesday February 12, 3:00 pm in Fretwell 315: ASC interest meeting
- Thursday February 27, 3:00 – 5:00 pm, in Fretwell 379: ASC meeting and CAS Student Central Webinar: The Travelers Predictive Modeling Cooking Show!
- Friday March 13 – Pi Day celebration by ASC, time and place TBA
- Saturday March 21, 11:00 am – 9th Annual Actuarial Alumni Luncheon at the Math Dept UNC Charlotte (Cancelled)
- Tips and Advice session by ASC for students sitting for the Actuarial Exams (Cancelled)
- ASC End of Semester Spring Graduation Potluck in Fretwell 315 (Cancelled)
- Study Hall in Fretwell 319: MW 8:00 – 8:45, T 1:00 – 3:00, W 10:00 – 1:00, and R 8:00 – 9:30
- Thursday 8/29, 2:30 pm – ASC interest meeting in Fretwell 315
- Wednesday 9/11, 3:30 pm – ASC Resume Workshop in the Career Center
- Wednesday 9/18, 11:15 am – Actuarial talk by Dorothy Andrews, ASA, during the Math Awareness Seminar course in Colvard 3120
- Friday 9/20, 10:00 am – 5th Annual Actuarial Science Day and Career fair at UNC Charlotte (Flyer)
- Monday 9/23, 9:00 am – Information session by Cigna in Fretwell 106
- Wednesday 9/25, 9:00 am – 13th annual Information session and interviews by Lincoln Financial Group (Greensboro) in Fretwell 106
- Saturday 10/5, 11:00 am – ASC volunteering at the Kid’s Festival at UNC Charlotte
- Friday 11/8, 9:00 am – Students attending Colonial Life Actuarial Profession Overview in Columbia, SC
- Saturday 11/9, 4:00 pm – ASC volunteering at the Light the Night Walk in uptown Charlotte for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Wednesday 11/13, 7:00 pm – ASC volunteering at the “Calculus The Musical” at UNC Charlotte
- Friday 11/15, 9:00 am – Students attending Actuarial Day at BCBS at Durham, NC
- Thursday 12/5, 2:00 pm – ASC End of Semester Spring Graduation Potluck in Fretwell 315
- Weekly Tutoring Sessions in Fretwell 319: M 1:30 – 2:30, T 9:30 – 11:00, and R 11:00 – 12:30
- Friday January 25, 9:30 am – ASC members volunteering at the Admitted Students Day Event at the Halton Arena, UNC Charlotte
- Friday January 25, 11:15 am – Information Session by Alumnae Zaira Pabon, Prudential Financial, in Friday 107. Followed by an informal networking meeting in the Math Faculty Lounge
- Tuesday Feb 19, 9:00 – ASC members participating at the LFG College Experience Day, Greensboro
- Thursday March 14 – Pi Day celebration by ASC, time and place TBA
- Friday March 15, 1:30 pm – A presentation by Arthur Schwartz, FCAS, MAAA, North Carolina Department of Insurance on Actuarial Calculations and Excel in Fretwell 420
- Saturday March 23, 11:00 am – 8th Annual Actuarial Alumni Luncheon at the Math Dept UNC Charlotte
- Thursday March 28, 12:00 pm – Tips and Advice session by ASC for students sitting for Exams, in Fretwell 340E
- Friday April 12, 1:30 pm – R Programming Workshop by Davis Vaughan in CHHS 342
- Tuesday April 23, 1:00 pm – Alumni Panel Discussion on Non-Actuarial but Related Jobs in Denny 103. Followed by an informal networking meeting in the Math Faculty Lounge: James Carr – Bank of America, Janaan McEntire – Bank of America, Jordan Micu – DUAL Commercial, Sheena Littlejohn – USI Insurance, Sridhar Prasad – Capgemini Financial
- Monday April 29, 10:00 am – Panel discussion on tips and advice to prepare for FM by current exams passers in Fretwell 107: Joseph Olivas, Emily Jones, Sierra Laine, Chris Gould, Riley Jones
- Wednesday May 1, 1:30 – ASC End of Semester Spring Graduation Potluck in Fretwell 315
- Thursday August 30, 4:00 pm – ASC Interest meeting in Friday 130
- Monday September 17 – ASC members attending the CASE regional meeting in Atlanta, Ga
- Saturday September 22, 11:00 am – ASC volunteering at the Kid’s Festival at UNC Charlotte
- Moday September 24, 9:00 am – 12th annual Lincoln Financial Group Info session & interviews by Brian Flowers and Sarah Richardson
- Wednesday September 26 – ASC holding a fundraiser at the Pelican’s Snoballs truck on campus
- Thursday September 27 – ASC members attending an Actuarial Job Shadow Day at BCBS NC, Raleigh
- Friday October 5, 10:00 am – 4th Annual Actuarial Science Day and Career fair at UNC Charlotte. Companies Participating: LFG, Cheiron, TIAA, BCBS-NC, Aon, SCOR, AXA, Arch MI, Aflac, BCBS-SC, Brighthouse Financial, Willis Towers watson, … Organizations: SOA, CAS, IABA, Actuarial Science Club, GIS
- Friday October 12, 1:30 pm – A presentation by Arthur Schwartz, FCAS, MAAA, North Carolina Department of Insurance on Actuarial Calculations and Excel.
- Monday October 15 – ASC members attending the SOA Candidate Connect in Nashville, TN
- Monday October 22, 9:00 am – An Aon information session by Greg Wright and Irene Walker (Interviews on Friday)
- Friday Nov 9 – ASC members attending Colonial Life annual Actuarial Profession Overview in Columbia, SC
- Saturday November 10 – ASC volunteering at the Light the Night Walk in uptown Charlotte for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Thursday November 29, 1:00 pm – A presentation by Dorothy Andrews, ASA, CSPA, on Predictive Analytics.
- Thursday December 7, 2:00 pm in Fretwell 107– ASC End of Semester Fall Graduation Potluck
- Friday January 19, 6:00 pm – North Carolina Actuarial Club (NCAC) meeting and a Panel Discussion on Catastrophes and Pandemics in the Student Union room 265
- Wednesday January 24, 9:30 am – A presentation by Mr. Larry Stern FSA about the actuarial exams and the actuarial field in McEniry 123.
- Monday January 29, 5:00 pm – ASC interest meeting in Fretwell 124.
- February through April – ASC members working on the 2018 SOA Student Research Case Study Challenge.
- Monday March 12, 9:00 – 3:00 pm – Casualty Actuaries of the South East (CASE) spring meeting in the Student Union rooms 340
- Wednesday March 14, 4:00 pm – Joint Pi Day celebration by ASC, Math club and Math Graduate Students organization.
- Thursday March 15, 12:30 – 1:45 – Scottish Re Information Session – Internships
- Friday March 23, 2:00 pm – Actuarial Pricing and Reserving in Excel by Arthur Schwartz, ACAS at NCDI in Fretwell 319
- Saturday March 24, 11:00-1:00 – 7th Annual Actuarial Alumni Luncheon at the Math Dept UNC Charlotte
- Thursday April 12, 9:30 – 10:45 – Resume workshop by Irene Walker from Aon and ASC past president in Fretwell 315
- Tuesday April 17, 5:00 – 8:00 pm – ASC holding a fundraiser at the Pelican’s Snoballs
- Saturday April 21 – ASC volunteering at the 5K Junior Achievement Walk in Uptown-Charlotte
- Wednesday April 25, 6:00 – 8:00 – ASC members volunteering at the Integration Bee organized by PME
- Thursday April 26, 12:30 – 1:45 – Alumni Panel Discussion on Non-Actuarial but Related Jobs in Colvard 3066
- Sunday April 29, 12:00 – 4:00 pm – ASC participating in the Science Expo at UNC Charlotte
- Tuesday May 1 – ASC End of Semester Spring Graduation
- Tuesday June 12 – Hosted a training session for high school Math teachers for the “Modeling the Future Challenge” by the Actuarial Foundation being a University Partner
- Wednesday June 20 – ASC attending the InsurTech Symposium in Charlotte
- Tuesday August 29, 4:30 – ASC Interest meeting in Fretwell 118
- Wednesday September 13, 5:00 – Resume Workshop by ASC and Career Center in Fretwell 306
- Monday September 18 – ASC members attending the CASE regional meeting in Atlanta, Ga
- Friday September 22 – ASC members attending an Actuarial Profession Overview at Colonial Life, Columbia SC
- Friday September 29, 12:00 – 3rd Actuarial Science Day plus Career Fair in Lucas Room, Cone Center.Participating Companies: TIAA, LFG, Brighthouse Financial / Metlife, Willis Towers Watson, BCBS-NC, SCOR, AXA, Aon, FTI Consulting, Aflac, Arch MI, Arrowpoint Capital. Raffle books and study manuals provided by ACTEX
- Wednesday October 11, 9:30 – 11th annual Lincoln Financial Group Info session & interviews in COED 065
- Tuesday October 17, 12:30 – Aon Info session & interviews in FRIDAY 112
- Saturday November 4, 4:30 – ASC members volunteering at the “Light the Night Walk” for Leukemia and Lymphoma
- Tuesday Nov 14, 9:00 – ASC members attending LFG Immersion Day, Greensboro
- Wednesday Nov 14, 6:00 – ASC members attending the NCAC meeting at TIAA-Betsill, Charlotte
- Nov 15-17 – ASC members attending the Southeastern Actuaries Conference, Ballantyne Hotel Charlotte
- December – ASC End of Semester Fall Graduation
- Wednesday Jan 11 – ASC participated in the spring students organizations showcase in the students union
- Wednesday Jan 18, 12:30-1:00 – AXA Info session in McEniry 116 and meeting with faculty
- Friday January 20: ASC meeting to discuss actuarial exams and to plan events for the semester
- Wednesday February 15: An Info Session by Lori Blasdell, FSA and Consulting Actuary, from Willis Towers Watson in McEniry 118, 9:30-10:45
- Thursday February 16th, 5:00 – ASC Game Day in the Math with pizza and snacks.
- Friday February 24: A resume building workshop offered by the ASC in Fretwell 207, 11:00-12:15
- Friday March 17, 11:00 – 12:00: Excel skills workshop offered by alumni: Stephanie Mims and Irene Walker.
- Saturday March 25, 11:00-1:00 – 6th Annual Actuarial Alumni Luncheon at the Math Dept UNC Charlotte
- Thursday March 30: ASC volunteering at the Annual Integration- Bee contest at 6:00 pm in Fretwell 100
- Friday March 31, 11:00 – 12:00: ASC Informal Basketball Game in Belk Gym at 2:30 pm
- Monday April 24: ASC volunteering at “Calculus the Musical” and “Tesla Ex Machina”
- Friday April 28: Members inducted into the Pi Mu Epsilon Math Honors Society
- Wednesday May 3, 2:00-4:00 – ASC End of Semester Spring Graduation Potluck in Fretwell 315
- Friday May 5, 12:30-3:30 – An Info session by Mr. Arthur Schwartz, FCAS, MAAA, ASA, North Carolina Department of Insurance on CAS education, casualty careers, and P&C Excel skills.
- June:The “North Carolina Actuarial Club” social event, uptown Charlotte
- Friday August 26 – Actuarial Science Club General meeting
- Friday September 9, 2:00-4:00 – ASC hosting a resume workshop offered by Paresh Gopaldas FSA MAAA, Aon Hewitt in Fretwell 379
- Wednesday September 21, 9:30-11:00 – Lincoln Financial Group Info session & interviews in Fretwell 128
- Friday September 30, 9:30-11:00 – An Info session By Mr. Kenneth Morgan FCAS MAAA, Zurich Na, in Fretwell 128
Tuesday October 4, 11:00-12:15- A presentation during the MLC course in Friday 144 and a second informal meeting with students 1:00-2:00 in Fretwell room 315. Both My Mr. Craig DeAlmeida – a volunteer for the SOA’s new University Support Actuary pilot program.
- Saturday October 22, 10:00-2:00 – 2nd annual Actuarial Science Day at UNC Charlotte for College and High school students and teachers, in Fretwell 100
- Wednesday October 26, 9:30-11:00 – TIAA-CREF Info session in Fretwell 128
- Friday November 4 – Actuarial students participated at BCBS Job Shadow Day, Durham NC
- Saturday November 5, 4:30 pm – ASC members volunteered at the Light the Night Walk in uptown Charlotte
- Tuesday November 15, 2:00-3:15 – Info session by Aon and CMS tutoring and volunteering
- Wednesday November 16, 9:30-11:00 – SCOR Info session in Fretwell 128
- Thursday November 17, 11:00-12:15 – Case Study by Mr. DeAlmeida in the MLC course
- Monday December 5: attended with several Actuarial students and alumni the “North Carolina Actuarial Club” social evening, uptown Charlotte.
- Thursday December 8, 2:00-4:00 – ASC End of Semester Fall Graduation Potluck in Fretwell 315
- Thursday January 28, 8:30-1:00 – ASC members attended the Actuarial Profession Overview at Unum- Colonial Life, Columbia SC
- Saturday February 13, All day – ASC members volunteering at the MaPP High school Challenge at UNC Charlotte
- Friday February 19, 9:30-10:30 – An information session by Colonial Life at UNC Charlotte
- Tuesday February 23, 4:00-5:00 – Mutual of Omaha Information Session
- Tuesday March 1, 6:00-8:00 – ASC members attended the NCAC meeting at SCOR , uptown Charlotte
- Monday March 14, 2:00-3:00 – ASC attended a Pi Day event hosted by the Math Club
- Friday March 18, 2:30-3:30 – ASC general meeting, pizza provided, and canned food collected as a donation to the Niner Food Pantry
- Saturday March 19, 11:00-1:00 – 5th Annual Actuarial Alumni Luncheon at the Math Dept UNC Charlotte
- Monday April 18: Presentation by Kenneth Morgan, FCAS, VP at Zurich Na
- Wednesday April 20: “Calculus: The Musical!”
- Thursday April 21: Integration Bee
- Friday April 29: PME Induction ceremony of new members
- Wednesday May 4: Graduation Potluck Ceremony for the graduating Actuarial students. The invited speaker is Mr. Dan Reppert, FCAS, Principal and Consulting Actuary, our liaison with the Casualty Actuarial Society.
- Wednesday September 9, 12:30-1:30 – Resume Workshop by ASC and Career Center in Fret 410
- Saturday September 19, 9:30 am – Charlotte American Heart Association Walk (volunteering)
- Wednesday September 23 – Aon Hewitt Call Center career fair
- Friday September 25 all day – “Leading the Future” at Colonial Life, Columbia SC
- Friday October 2, 11:00-12:15 – LFG Info session & full time jobs and internships interviews in CHHS 380
- Friday October 6 all day – CASE regional conference, Atlanta Ga
- Friday October 16, 11:00-12:15 – TIAA CREF on campus information sessionin CHHS 380
- Wednesday October 21, 11:00-12:15 – Aon Hewitt on campus presentation in CHHS 380
- Friday October 23, 11:00-12:15 – Towers Watson on campus presentation in CHHS 380
- Saturday November 7, 4:30 pm – ASC members volunteered at the Light the Night Walk in uptown Charlotte
- Friday November 13, 11:00-12:15 – Met Life on campus Information Session in CHHS 380
- Saturday November 14, 10:00-3:00 – Inaugural Actuarial Science Day at UNC Charlotte for College and High school students and teachers, in Fretwell 100
- Thursday December 10, 2:00-4:00 – ASC End of Semester Fall Graduation Potluck in Fretwell 315
- ASC participated in the spring students organizations showcase in the students union 1/14/2015
- Aon Hewitt jobs/internships information session for Actuarial Students on 1/22/2015
- ASC volunteering at “Calculus: The Musical!” at UNCC 2/20/215
- ASC participating in a tour to Aon Hewitt Innovation Park 3/13/2015
- Actuarial Science Annual Alumni Luncheon in the Math Department 3/14/2015
- ASC attending the North Carolina Actuarial Club in Hillsborough, NC 3/20/2015
- ASC attending an actuarial profession event for Future Actuarial students at Colonial Life, Colombia SC 3/26/2015
- ASC general meeting 9/2/2014
- ASC invited Mr. Shane Chalke FSA for an actuarial talk 9/19/2014
- ASC in a recruitment/leadership event at Colonial Life in Columbia, SC on 9/20/2014
- ASC volunteering at the Charlotte Heart walk uptown Charlotte 9/20/2014
- ASC attending the CASE Regional meeting in Atlanta Georgia on 9/22/2014
- Lincoln Financial Group Information Session and Interships/Jobs Interviews 9/23/2014
- ASC participating in a fund raising activity for Habitat for Humanity at CHHS/COED Plaza on 9/26/2014
- MetLife jobs/internships information session for Actuarial and Math Students on 10/14/2014
- ASC volunteering at the Fall Open House UNCC recruitment event on 10/18/2014
- Towers Watson Information Session for Actuarial and Math classes 10/28/2014
- ASC attending the NC actuarial club meeting – Charlotte Chapter at MetLife 11/6/2014
- DW Simpson Presentation and Resume workshop 11/19/2014 for ASC
- ASC Business Soft Skills meeting 11/25/2015
- ASC End of Semester Fall Graduation Banquet 12/12/2013 in the Students Union. Guest speaker: Mr. Kenneth Morgan FCAS at Zurich NA, Charlotte
- ASC participated in the spring students organizations showcase in the students union 1/29/2014
- MetLife jobs/internships information session for Actuarial and Math Students 1/30/2014
- TIAA-CREF summer internships info session 2/4/2014
- ASC attending the Triangle and Triad Actuarial Club 2/7/2014 in Burlington NC
- ASC volunteering at “Calculus: The Musical!” at UNCC 2/17/214
- Actuarial Science Alumni Luncheon in the Math Department 3/22/2014
- ASC hosting the CASE Regional meeting at UNCC 3/25/2014 in the students Union
- ASC attending a talk at UNCC by Dr. Edward Qian from PanAgora Asset Management on 4/9/2014
- ASC volunteering at “The Integration Bee” contest in the Math department 4/17/2014
- ASC holding an End of Semester Fall Graduation Banquet 4/25/2014 in the Students Union. Guest Speaker: Mrs.Tonya Manning FSA – past SOA president
- ASC attending a talk by Mr. Kenneth Morgan FCAS from Zurich NA 4/28/2014
- ASC participating in a tour to Oliver Wyman uptown Charlotte 5/9/2014
- ASC attending “Harnessing the Power of Big Data” Conference uptown Charlotte 5/13/2014
- ASC partipating in the MS Charlotte Walk 5/17/2014
- Amber Schaefer won the DW Simpson $1000 actuarial scholarship
- Keith Finch won Dr. Robert Anderson $500 annual scholarship
- ASC attending”Charlotte Chapter of the NC Actuarial Club” Inaugural dinner 7/25/2014 at TIAA-CREF
- ASC at the Student Organization Showcase 8/21/2013 at the CHHS & CoEd Plaza
- Venture High Rise activity at UNCC Friday 2:00-5:00pm with the ASC
- ASC at the Student Union Takeover 8/24/2013 in the Students Union
- First ASC Meeting 8/27/2013 in the Math conference room Fretwell 379
- ASC and the Career Center holding a resume review session in Atkins Library 9/11/2013
- ASC in a recruitment/leadership event at Colonial Life in Columbia, SC on 9/13/2013
- ASC volunteering at Greater Charlotte Heart Walk on 9/21/2013 in Uptown Charlotte
- Lincoln Financial Group Information Session and Interships/Jobs Interviews 9/24/2013
- ASC meeting 9/25/2013, 5:00-6:00pm, in Fretwell 116
- SCOR Information Session for Actuarial and Math students 10/22/2013
- TIAA-CREF information session 10/23/2013 for the ASC in the Cone Center, UNCC
- DW Simpson Presentation 10/25/2013 for ASC
- ASC visiting the campus of TIAA-CREF Campus 11/1/2013
- ASC volunteering at the Light the Night Walk for Leukemia & Lymphoma diseases 11/2/2013
- Actuarial presentation by Mr. Dan Reppert FCAS, from Davidson on 11/5/2013
- Lincoln Financial Group job shadowing day in Greensboro 11/8/2013
- Towers Watson Information Session for Actuarial and Math classes 11/12/2013
- Actuarial talk by Dr. Sufang Cui-alumna, FSA and Vice President of the Corporate Risk Management Department at MetLife, on 11/26/2013.
- ASC End of Semester Fall Graduation Banquet 12/6/2013 in the Students Union
School Year 2012-2013:
- The Actuarial Science Club meeting Wed August 29th, at 4:00 in FRDY 144
- Resume builder workshop Wed September 19th, at 3:30 in FRDY 123
- Lincoln Financial Group Information Session Tue September 25th, 11:00-12:30 in CHHS 145
- Putt Putt trip Wed September 26th, at 6:00pm
- Venture Low Ropes Course at UNCC Friday October 19th, 9:00am-12:00pm
- Halloween Treats for needy kids Monday 22, 5:00pm in Fri 144
- SCOR Information Session Tue October 30th, 11:00-12:30 in CHHS 14
- Mallard Creek High school presentations by the ASC on Friday Nov 2nd
- LFG Job Shadow day Friday November 9th, 10:00-4:00 in LFG-Greensboro
- Towers Watson Information Session Tue, November 13, 11:00-12:30pm, in CHHS 145
- ASC Volunteering at “Calculus: the Musical!” held on campus on Friday, December 7 at 7:30 pm
- Second yearly Actuarial Alumni Luncheon in the Math Dept in the Cloyd Goodrum Lounge,Saturday, March 23, 2013, 11:00-1:00 pm
- ASC volunteering at the Julia Robinson Math Festival at UNCC on March 30th
- North Meck High school presentations by ASC on Wed May 1, 9:00 – 2:00pm
- Spring Semester Graduation Banquet on Thursday May 9, 7:00pm, in the Student Union Room 200.
School Year 2011-2012:
- Resume builder workshop Wed September 14, 2011, at 3:30 in FRDY 123, organized by ASC.
- Lincoln Financial Group Information Session Tue September 27, 2011, 11:00-12:30 in CHHS 281.
- Towers Watson Information Session Tue October 25, 2011, 11:00-12:30pm, in CHHS 281.
- LFG Job Shadow day Friday November 18, 2011, 10:00-4:00 in LFG-Greensboro
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Information Session Thur December 1, 2011, 11:00-12:30pm, in McKnight Hall in Cone Center.
- BCBS Job Shadow day on Friday February 24, 2012 in Durham, NC, organized by ASC.
- First Alumni Luncheon on Saturday, March 31, 2012 at 11:00am in the Math Department lounge.
- Venture Low Ropes Course at UNCC Sunday, April 15, 2012 from 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Mallard Creek High School Actuarial Presentation Wed, May 30, 2012.
School Year 2010-2011:
- Resume builder workshop Wed September 14, 2011, at 3:30 in FRDY 123, organized by ASC.
- Lincoln Financial Group Information Session Thur September 23, 2010, 11:00-12:30 in McEniry 117.
- Transamerica Reinsurance Information Session Thur November 4, 2010, 11:00-12:30 in McEniry 117.
- Towers Watson Information Session Thur November 11, 2010, 11:00-12:30 in McEniry 117.
- Coca-Cola Consolidated Information Session Thur March 31, 2011, at 2:00pm in Macy 205.
School Year 2009-2010:
- Transamerica Reinsurance Information Session Tue October 20, 2009, 11:00-12:30 in CHHS 380.
- Lincoln Financial Group Information Session Tue November 10, 2009, 11:00-12:30 in CHHS 380.
- Towers Perrin Information Session Friday November 13, 2009, 12:30-1:45 in Friday 016.
School Year 2008-2009:
- Actuarial Science Club General meeting Mon September 29, 2008, at 5:00 in Fretwell 406
- Transamerica Reinsurance Information Session Tue November 25, 2008, 11:00-12:30 in Rowe 161.
- Lincoln Financial Group Information Session Tue December 2, 2008, 11:00-12:30 in CHHS 380.
School Year 2007-2008:
- Transamerica Reinsurance Information Session Tue September 11, 2007, 11:00-12:30 in Fretwell 128.
- Lincoln Financial Group Information Session Tue November 13, 2007, 11:00-12:30 in Fretwell 128.
- Aon-Charlotte Information Session Tue December 4, 2007, 11:00-12:15 in Fretwell 128.
2008 – Lindey Loftin
2009 – Jeremy Dunbar
2010 – Kenneth Groom
2011 – Gregory Newberry
2012 – Clair Hilliard
2013 – Jeremy Feltman
2014 – Tommy Rollek
2015 – Seth Edwards
2016 – Irene Walker
2017 – Margaret Hill & Zaira Pabon
2018 – Diego Caceres & Riley Jones
2019 – Christina Carbonell
2020-2021 – Russell Mejia
2022 – John Cernava